American Association of University Professors
Saturday, 29 February 2020
All Georgia college and university faculty are welcome to attend
- Where: Wesleyan College – Corn Meeting Room, Pierce Chapel
- Address: 4760 Forsyth Road, Macon GA 31210
- Contact: Barry Rhoades E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Office Phone: 478.757.5238 Cell: 478.747.5348
- Meeting Schedule:
- 9:00am – 9:30am: participant check-in and continental breakfast
- 9:30am – 9:45am: Section Meeting – establishment and organization (see next page)
- 9:45am Conference meeting starts.
- Adjournment usually occurs mid-afternoon
by Wednesday, 26 February 2020
To register (express your intent to attend), please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “AAUP Spring Meeting Registration”. Please indicate the number attending and if you have special dietary or mobility concerns.
Participant registrations will assist in arranging for meals and refreshments and ensure that the meeting space will accommodate the number planning to attend.
If you decide later than 26 February 2020 that you really do want to attend, please send a registration e-mail as early as possible and join us at the meeting. We will do our best to accommodate you!
Details, Details, Details
- Supporting Documents:
- Campus Information: Campus Information
- Campus Map: Campus Map
- Section Meeting Preparation: For Chapter leaders, we will start off with a short discussion and voting (by Chapter, one vote each) on forming a Georgia Section for this summer’s national meetings
- Conference Meeting Agenda: We will be holding Officer Elections at this meeting; that will be addressed separately, The full agenda will be distributed at the start of the meeting. If you have a proposed Agenda Item, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Additional Information:
- Driving: Driving directions
- Parking: Enter off of Tucker Road at Entrance 5 on the map onto Bob King Drive. Park in Parking Lot B in back of the Auditorium. This is open, free parking. Proceed to Pierce Chapel (building 25 on the map). Enter from the lake side at ground level.
- Smoking Policy: Wesleyan has a no indoor smoking policy. If you need to smoke, please do so outside and police your butts.
- LUNCH: Lunch will be catered to the Dice Anderson Cabin in the Wesleyan College Arboretum. The cost will be ~$6 per person. The menu will likely be sandwiches, chili, an elaborated baked potato bar, and drinks. Feel free to bring an alternative lunch with you, if you wish. In the event of rain we will eat in the Chapel meeting room.
- GETTING TO THE ANDERSON CABIN: The cabin is at #23 on the map. It is a ¼ mile walk from the chapel meeting site. As an alternative, you can drive around Foster Lake to Parking Lot D and walk 120 yards to the cabin along the dirt road by the tennis courts. The cabin is wheelchair accessible and you can make arrangements to drive in to the cabin. We try to maintain the cabin access road as a foot-friendly rustic trail, so please do not drive all the way in to the cabin unless you absolutely must.